1. Fair dates: Prefair judging is July 10-11, the fair is July 13-18, livestock auction is July 19.
2. New contests. The first Homemade Ice Cream Making Contest is Sunday, July 15, 1-4 p.m. on the Ag Museum Porch. The second annual BBQ Contest is Saturday, July 14, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Grandstand entrance.
3. Fashion Revue and Consumer Clothing prefair judging will be at the Peabody Library this year, on Saturday, July 7, 10 a.m.-noon.
4. Parade of Champions, Public Fashion Revue and Recognition for 5- and 10-year members is on Sunday, July 15, starting at 6 p.m.
5. There are 62 traditional projects, 11 of which are animal-related, in which 4-H’ers can be involved.
6. Admission and parking are free.
7. New Mini-Mentor 4-H Livestock Program. Older 4-H’ers are mentors to a mini 4-H member in the livestock and pet areas.
8. Extension Homemakers activities: food on the hill, Adult Open Show, the Lemon-isious Contest on July 14 and basket classes.
9. Master Gardener seminars are on Tuesday, July 17.
10. Award and scholarship presentations are on Monday, July 9, during the Miss Whitley County Pageant.
BONUS: FAIR FOOD!!!