1. Polls will be open from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Election Day, Nov. 6.
2. You can find your polling location at indianavoters.com or by calling (260) 248-3164.
3. You don’t have to wait until Election Day. Early voting has begun at certain polling locations in Whitley County.
4. Do your research beforehand. Not sure who or what election races will be on your ballot? A sample ballot can be found on indianavoters.com.
5. Be sure to bring a photo ID when you go to vote. Acceptable forms of identification include a driver’s license, passport, state ID or military ID.
6. There are 4,525,670 Hoosiers registered to vote in this election, make sure you are one of them.
7. Out of town? You can vote by mail. Applications to receive a ballot by mail are due by Oct. 29.
8. Election results will be posted on kpcnews.com/election.
9. Indiana is one of the few states that allows for “ballot selfies,” meaning you are free to take pictures of yourself with your ballot in the booth.
10. Of course, be sure to celebrate after carrying out your civic duty by posting a picture of yourself with your “I Voted” sticker and to spread the word reminding folks to do the same.
Information courtesy of the Whitley County Clerk of Courts and www.indianavoters.com.