FORT WAYNE — Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly announced today the 2019 winners of its prestigious Forty Under 40 Awards that honor 40 individuals 39 years of age and younger who go above and beyond at work and in the community to make a difference.
The northeast Indiana professionals were chosen by a panel of distinguished judges from a record-breaking number of entries.
“It’s amazing to see how these entrepreneurs are working to make this a better community,” said Lisa Esquivel Long, Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly editor. “I think we have a nice mix of homegrown talent and those who have made Fort Wayne and the region their home. I admire how they are contributing to this community through their hard work and talents.”
Rachel McMeeking, owner of Lane & Lavender in Columbia City, is one of the recipients.
Other members of the Business Weekly Forty Under 40 Class of 2019 are:
• Ashley Adamson, Junior Achievement, program manager In-School/JA in a Day specialist;
• Sarah Arnold, Fort Wayne Trails, Inc., Community Engagement Manager;
• Dr. Franklin Awah, FW Oral Maxillofacial Surgery & Implant Center, oral surgeon/partner;
• Adam Bartrom, Barnes & Thornburg LLC, partner;
• Ashley Benvenuti, Superior Aluminum Alloys/OmniSource, division human resources manager;
• Zachary Briggs, Visual Prime Studios, owner/CEO;
• Megan Butler, Riverfront Fort Wayne, program and events manager;
• Tabitha Ervin, Greater Fort Wayne YMCA, executive director;
• Jes Farris, Studio 13 Tattoo & Explorer Tattoo Conference, owner/operator;
• John Felts, City of Fort Wayne, public outreach coordinator;
• Aric Forbing, Modbar, director of engineering;
• Marcus Heminger, Barrett McNagny, partner;
• Stephanie Henry, Pocket Potager, consultant/advocate;
• Martin Huttenlocker, Bradley Co., vice president;
• Hajira Khan, Kiddie Academy of Fort Wayne, president/owner;
• Amy Lehrman, Katz, Sapper & Miller, director;
• Michelle Love, One Lucky Guitar Inc., account and operations manager;
• Natalie Manalo, Fort Wayne Neurological Center, neurologist;
• Joe Marana, Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority, director of operations and facilities;
• Michael Niezer, Design Collaborative, architect;
• Brandon Noll, Reusser Design, sales consultant;
• Nestor Rodriguez, Caliente, CEO;
• Andrew Royer, LandArt Inc., president/owner;
• Jason Russell, Optimum Performance Sports, executive director;
• Aaron Schaffer, First Merchants, vice president, commercial banking manager;
• Rachel Schermerhorn, Sylvan Cellars, owner;
• Nick Scheumann, Oak Partners, wealth advisor;
• Cameron Smith, Holm Reporting & Smith Academy, owner/co-founder;
• Matthew Sparling, MKM Architecture + Design, principal;
• Matthew Stout, BKD, LLP, partner;
• Reneta Thurairatnam, Lake City Bank, vice president, wealth advisor;
• Holly Tonak, GiGi’s Playhouse, executive director;
• Adam Welch, Greater Fort Wayne, Inc., director of business development;
• Karlye Whaley, MainStay Solutions, CFO; and,
• Rebecca Worrell, Sturges Property Group, broker
• Isaac Lee, Steuben County Economic Development Corp, executive director;
• Melanie Watson, Blaire Biomedical, founder and CEO;
• Allison Wheaton, Summit Equestrian Center, owner; and,
• Anthony Wilson, New York Life Insurance Co., financial services professional.
The winners will be honored at an awards reception on Thursday, March 28, from 5:30-8:30 p.m. The event will be at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center. Tickets are $40 each and will be available for purchase online soon.
A special publication will highlight the winners in the March 15 issue of Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly featuring profiles of each of the Forty Under 40 honorees.
Businesses, organizations and individuals interested in special advertising, sponsorships, honoree congratulatory ads, swag bag gift item sponsorships, and event seating packages may email email@example.com for more information or call 426-2640, ext. 3324.
Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly is a business journal covering the 12-county region surrounding Fort Wayne and is a publication of KPC Media Group Inc, owner of IN|Whitley County.