Blue River CoB VBS: Blue River Church of the Brethren, located at 3040 E. 700 N., Columbia City, will be having Vacation Bible School June 17-21 from 9 a.m. to noon each day. The VBS ends with a program Sunday, June 23, at 7 p.m. This year’s theme is “GiddyUp Junction—Taking God’s Love to New Frontiers.” The week will be full of games, crafts, music, snacks and learning about Jesus and the Bible. For more information or to register, you may call the church at 260-691-2605. Jackie Zumbrun and Mariah Targgart are co-directors.
Rummage Sale: West Point Trinity United Methodist Church is hosting a rummage sale Friday, June 21, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, June 22, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The church is located at 4980 N. Etna Road, Columbia City. Items are available for a free-will donation.
FOP No. 131 benefit: Whitley County Fraternal Order of Police No. 131’s 40th Annual Country Music Show, featuring national recording artist The Taylors and the Mama Tried Band of Nashville, Tennessee, will be Saturday, June 22, at 7 p.m. at Columbia City High School, located at 600 N. Whitley St., Columbia City. Adults $14, children 12 and younger $7.
Relay For Life of Whitley County: Fight back against cancer with Relay for Life of Whitley County Saturday, June 22, from 4-10 p.m. at the Whitley County Courthouse Square in Columbia City. All are welcome to join and fight back against cancer, celebrate the survivors and remember those we’ve lost. Relay for Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event.
Whitley Co. Master Gardeners’ Garden Walk: Explore seven gardens in the northwestern area of Whitley County Saturday, June 22, during the Whitley County Master Gardeners’ Garden Walk. Purchase tickets from Purdue Extension–Whitley County office, 46 Graphics (Churubusco), Tri Lakes Tavern, MC Wheeler & Sons, or a master gardener.
Amateur Radio Club: Whitley County Amateur Radio Club Field Day will be held at the Whitley County 4-H Fairgrounds, 680 W. Squawbuck Road, Columbia City, IN on Saturday, June 22, starting at 2 p.m. and runs through Sunday, June 23, until 2 p.m. This WCARC event is open to the public. For additional information, visit the Whitley County Amateur Radio Club website at www.wcarc.org, or the Whitley County Amateur Radio Club Group Facebook Page.
4-H Ice Cream Social: Whitley County 4-H will be having an Ice Cream Social and Dessert Auction on June 23 from 2-5 p.m. This event will be held in the main concessions area and Commercial Building at the Whitley County Fairgrounds. Proceeds from this event will go toward Main Concession Stand upgrades, including a new fryer hood. Ice cream flavors include: black cherry, chocolate, maple, Blue Moon, orange and vanilla. Topping bar available with toppings donated by Bruno’s BBQ.
Old Settlers Festival: The 2019 Old Settlers Day Festival is June 25-29 in downtown Columbia City.
Red Cross Blood Drive: Give blood and save lives with the American Red Cross Thursday, July 25, at Faith Lutheran Church. The blood drive runs from 1:30-6:30 p.m. at the church, located at 9251 E. State Road 205, Churubusco, IN. Visit RedCrossBlood.org to schedule your donation, or call 1-800-REDCROSS.
Woodlands Senior Center: Tuesday, June 25, at noon, dominoes tournament. Thursday, June 27, at noon, birthday party with Elvis, and the crowning of the senior king and queen.
Old Settlers’ Days Parade races: This year’s Old Settlers’ Days Parade on June 29 will have two new options for people of all ages: a one-mile elementary school parade race and a four-mile parade race. Both races will line up and run the parade route, with the elementary race beginning at 5:30 p.m. and the four-mile race beginning at 6 p.m. as the official kickoff for the parade. It will give participants an opportunity to experience the fun of a healthy activity, and excitement of a parade environment.
Columbia City fireworks: Columbia City’s Independence Day fireworks display will be Wednesday, July 3.
OFMC Meeting: Join the Old Fort Motorcycle Club Sunday, July 7, at 2 p.m. for its monthly meeting at 4863 E. Lincolnway, Columbia City. New members and all bikes welcome. Ride to Carol’s Corner in South Whitley after the meeting.
OFMC Euchre Night: Join the Old Fort Motorcycle Club Thursday, July 18, at 7 p.m. for its monthly euchre night at 4863 E. Lincolnway, Columbia City.
Celebrate Recovery: is a Christ-centered, 12-step recovery program for anyone struggling with hurt, pain or addiction of any kind. Celebrate Recovery is a safe place to find community and freedom from the issues that are controlling our lives. The group meets weekly on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Sugar Grove Church Big House, 5019 E. CR 500S, Noble County.
Martha’s House: Free clothing of all sizes, household items and small furniture is available for families in need at Sugar Grove Church, 5019 E. C.R. 500S, Churubusco, by appointment only: 260-693-1718.
Understanding Your Grief: A program led by Parkview Home Health and Hospice will be each Thursday 6:30-8 p.m. at Green Center United Methodist Church, 2861 S. C.R. 300E, through March 21. Each session will include information and ideas by Alan Wofelt, and internationally noted author, educator and grief counselor. Rev. Ken Weaver, LCSD, LMFT and chaplain; and Cathy Petrie, LCSW and bereavement counselor, will discuss emotional responses to illness and death, and how to cope. To register, call 800-292-9894 or call Petrie at 260-452-5606.
Yoga therapy: The Peggy F. Murphy Grief Center in Fort Wayne is offering people who have lost loved ones a chance to work through their grief with therapeutic yoga sessions. Sessions take place from 5:30-6:30 p.m. every third Thursday of the month. There is no charge for the sessions, but the center asks people to register ahead of time by calling 260-453-3261.
Impact Center Cottage Gift Shop: at 500 W. Van Buren St., Columbia City, is open Thursdays from noon-5 p.m. All proceeds will purchase food for the Impact Center Food Pantry.
Impact Food Pantry: at 500 W. Van Buren St. will be open on Thursdays from 1-4:45 p.m.
• Multi-County Medical Outreach Clinic: is a free clinic at 524 Branch Court, Columbia City, open Thursday afternoons from 1-5 p.m., except the fifth Thursdays of the month. The clinic serves non-insured or underinsured on a first-come, first-served basis. Donations are accepted.
• The Churubusco Lions Club: meets every second and fourth Tuesday of each month at Papa’s Place at 6:30 p.m.
• Chess Club: meets every second and fourth Thursday of each month at the South Whitley Community Public Library. All ages and experience levels welcome.
• AA and Al-Anon meetings: Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m. at the Churubusco Methodist Church.
• A support group for families: of children with special needs meets 3-5 p.m. on the third Saturday of each month at Choices & Changes, 360 N. Oak St., Columbia City. For more information, contact Chris Garau at 260-255-0708 or Christy Garau at 260-255-0707.
• C3 Youth Group: meets with youth pastor Brad Milikan 6-7:30 p.m. Sunday at Christ Community Church, 316 N. Main St. in Churubusco. Students grade 6-12 are welcome to join.
• Churubusco United Methodist Nursery School: is accepting registration for the 2019-20 school year. Children should be 3, 4 or 5 by Aug. 1. Enrollment is $50 and monthly fees will be $85 for the three-day program (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). Morning sessions are 9-11:30 a.m. Afternoon sessions are 12:30-3 p.m. For more information, call the office at (260) 693-2154.
• Cook, Talk and Taste: meets 6 p.m. every third Wednesday of the month. Participants must register for a seat ahead of time on the Peabody Public Library website.
• VFW Post 5582 hosts a fish fry: the first and third Fridays of each month, 5-6:30 p.m. The post is located at 415 E. Chicago St., Columbia City.
• Whitley County Herb Gatherers: meet the third Monday each month. The group is dedicated to preserving the lore of herbs for future generations, their uses and how to grow them. All are welcome. Meetings are at 1 p.m. in Parkview Whitley Hospital’s medical building classroom No. 2. To learn more, contact Sharon at 260-503-4199.
• Community Harvest Farm Wagon: meets at 1 p.m. every first, third and fifth Thursday in the old Crossroads Bank parking lot in South Whitley. Free fruits and vegetables for families. Be sure to bring your own bags.
• Fun with Robotics: meets at 6 p.m. every third Tuesday and 1:30 p.m. every last Saturday at the Peabody Public Library. Kids are invited to learn how to build and program their own bots.